Saturday, July 26, 2008

Where I come from




Alan Jackson has a highly popular song by this name.

The folks pictured above look a whole lot like my parents.

We lived on either our dairy in Glendale,Arizona, or our ranch NW of Glendale, which had NO electricty. Try doing that without Air Conditioning now, especially May through October.

These people --and myself--worked when it was hot, cold, rainy, or dry. They barely made a living, but they were thankful for everything they had.

Entertainment was being able to read the Bible by the light of a kerosene lamp after all the work was done, and all the animals were tended to.

The kid in the stroller was me--in 1941, The man was my grand father. Note the high tech prosthetic for a leg (He made it himself. He was gored by a bull and lost the leg from the knee down.

No comments:

Post a Comment